Hello everyone, welcome to my blog post. The person we are going to deliberate with here is well-known by everyone in the world. He has been a lucrative founder. He has built Amazon into one of the most profitable companies in the world.
You must have heard about Amazon’s E-commerce Company. It is a global e-commerce platform that allows customers to purchase and sell goods, services, and other products from anywhere in the world, without leaving their houses or office.
In this blog post, I will be talking about his life article and how he got started with Amazon. He is not just the creator of Amazon, but other organizations like Blue Origin, EDBazaar, Amazon Web Services, etc. Let’s outset with one of his most famous quotes I am sure you have heard before.
Table of Contents
“Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful” – Jeff Bezos
Introducing Jeffrey Preston Bezos also well-known as Jeff Bezos is an American entrepreneur, computer engineer, and commercial astronaut. He is the founder, executive chairman, leader, and, former CEO of Amazon.
Let’s get further details about his initial life, education, profession, and family. I will share some of his achievements as well as some of his failures that have shaped his life. We will examine his life as an entrepreneur. I am sure you will be encouraged by this great man. I hope you will acknowledge this while reading it.
Who is Jeff Bezos?
Jeffrey Preston Bezos has been a pioneer in the cosmos of e-commerce since he founded Amazon, Inc. Amazon is one of the greatest online retailers in the world, and it has become the most famous shopping destination for consumers.
Jeff Bezos is the founder, executive chairman, ex-president, and CEO of Amazon. He is one of the wealthy people in the world who got successful through his business risk. Furthermore, he is a businessman, builder, media proprietor, space enthusiast, and philanthropist, Bezos has transcended every field he has ventured into.
Jeff Bezos was born in Albuquerque city, New Mexico, on January 12th, 1964, to a 17-year-old mother Jacklyn, and a father Ted Jorgensen. He had a sloppy childhood. He developed an enthusiasm for science and technology when he was very young. Furthermore, he was particularly raised in Houston and Miami.
Jeff Bezos attended River Oaks Elementary academy till sixth grade. When Jeff Bezos’s moved with his family to Miami, Florida he was admitted to Miami Palmetto High School. He worked at McDonald’s while attending high school at the same time as his breakfast shifts.
In the year 1986, he got a graduation degree from Princeton University with a 4.2 GPA (Grade Point Average) for a Bachelor of Science degree in the field of computer science and electrical engineering. In the same year, he initiated operating for Fitel, a fintech telecommunications start-up.
Between the years 1988-1990, Jeff Bezos worked as a product manager at Bankers Trust. Then joined a freshly based hedge fund well-known as D. E. Shaw & Co in 1990 where he worked till 1994 once at simply the age of 30, he chaired as senior vice chairman in the same organization.
|Full Name||Jeffrey Preston Bezos (born name Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen)|
|Date of Birth||January 12th, 1964|
|Age (as of 2022)||58 Years|
|Birthplace||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|Father||Ted Jorgensen (Biological Father) Cuban immigrant Miguel “Mike”|
|Qualification||Degree in electrical engineering and computer science (Graduated)|
|Profession||Founder and former CEO of Amazon/ Technology Entrepreneur, Investor|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in (171.5 cm)|
|Weight||165 pounds (70 kg)|
The Biography Jeff Bezos: Founder of Amazon
- Jeffrey Preston Bezos is an ex-president and CEO of Amazon. He is one of the richest men in the world who got successful through his business ventures. Furthermore, he is a businessman, engineer, media owner, space enthusiast, and philanthropist.
- Jeff Bezos was born in Albuquerque village, New Mexico city, U.S. on January 12th, 1964, to a 17-year-old mother Jacklyn, and a father Ted Jorgensen. His mother, Jacklyn Gise, had him as a young adult and his biological father, Ted Jorgensen, left them as quickly as he detected the news.
- A few years later his mother married Miguel Bezos a Cuban. Now, Miguel accepted Jeffrey, and he received his name. The family afflicted Houston, Texas. He developed an interest in the science and technology field when he was very young. Furthermore, he was chiefly raised in Houston and Miami.
- Jeff Bezos attended River Oaks Elementary academy till sixth grade. When Jeff Bezos’s moved with his family to Miami, Florida then, he attended Miami Palmetto High School. He worked at McDonald’s while attending high school while his breakfast shifts.
- Jeff Bezos graduated from Princeton University with a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science with a GPA score of 4.2. Later, he started his career as an operator in Fitel, a fintech telecommunications start-up. He worked there as a computer system builder and later became a vice president.
- After moving to New York City, he decided to get into the world of finance, in Bankers Trust, he also had the post of vice president in 1990. Jeff Bezos realized that the Internet was expanding, and he could make money by selling products online.
- He decides to rent a garage and purchased an online bookstore named Amazon. After a few years, he included a range of other consumer goods. In 2013 Amazon was known as the biggest online shopping retailer in the world.
- In the year 2021, Jeff Bezos declared that he would step down from his role as CEO of Amazon, to become the Executive Chairman of the Amazon Board. Also, he wanted to target Blue Origin, The Washington Post, and other passions.
The Career & Major works of Jeff Bezos: A Self-Made Millionaire
- After graduating from Princeton in 1988, Bezos had job opportunities at Intel, Bell Labs, and Anderson Consulting. Bezos turned those all the way down to starts at fintech telecommunications start-up Fitel.
- In 1988 Bezos transitioned into the banking system, turning into the position of product manager at Bankers Trust.
- Jeff Bezos left Banker trust in the year 1990, to accompany an anew started hedge fund, D. E. Shaw & Co. At the age of 30, he became the hedge fund’s 4th senior vice president and worked there till 1994.
- He left D. E. Shaw & Co. to open Amazon while writing up the business plan on a road tour from New York to Seattle. To start Amazon from his rented garage and retained an online bookstore originally named Cadabra.
- In 1998, he expanded the site to offer another type of consumer goods. Along with Amazon, he founded other business organizations like Blue Origin in 2000. It’s a human spaceflight venture company. In 2013, Jeff Bezos bought The Washington Post for $250 million in cash.
- In 2021 Jeff co-founded Altos Labs with other two partners. Altos Labs could be a liberally funded biotechnology company devoted to harnessing cellular reprogramming to develop longevity medical specialties.
- Bezos makes personal investments over his risk capital vehicle, Bezos Expeditions, which has placed cash into firms like Airbnb, Business insider, Twitter, Uber, Grail, and General Assembly, etc.
Fascinating Facts About Jeff Bezos: You Can’t-Miss
- Jeff Bezos’ organic Father Ted Jorgensen was a Circus Performer.
- Jeff Bezos is the founder of Amazon and other organizations and is among the wealthiest people on the planet.
- Bezos grew up as a tinkerer and as an entrepreneur. He turned his parent’s garage into a comrade engineering workshop, experimenting with electrical elements.
- In 2020, Jeff Bezos purchase the Warner estate in Beverly Hills for a record $165 million. The estate lineaments a 13,600-square-foot mansion, two guesthouses, a pool, and a tennis court.
- Jeff Bezos gets through a 2018 Helicopter Crash.
- Bezos Made a Cameo Appearance in the film Star Trek Beyond.
- He makes around $8.99 billion a month, which comes to a daily income of $321 million.
- Jeff Bezos founded his private space tourism company Blue Origin in 2000.
- According to The Land Report magazine 2017 edition, Jeff Bezos is the 28th biggest landowner in the USA.
- Jeff also liked the name Relentless for his company so relentless.com will also take an individual to the Amazon website.
- In 1999, He has declared Time Magazine’s Person of the Year.
- In early 2021, Jeffrey Preston Bezos was beaten by Tesla’s Elon Musk to be the richest person in the world.
- He lost $5.5 Billion To Spend 4 Minutes in Space.
- Jeff Bezos was an Early Investor in Google Inc.
Net Worth of Jeff Bezos
In 2021, Jeffrey Preston Bezos’s wealth was $185.9 billion as per Forbes. He was the world’s second-richest man at that time. Today his net worth is 171 billion USD.
|Net worth in 2022||130 billion USD (as of 2022)|
|Income per month||$140,153|
|Income per day||$4,700|
Inspirational quote from Jeff Bezos
- “A brand for a company is like goodwill for a person. You earn goodwill by trying to do hard things well.”
- “One of the only ways to get out of a narrow box is to build your way out.”
- “What we need to do is always jagged into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes versus you – what used to be a tailwind is now a headwind – you have to svelte into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.”
- “If you double the number of dossier you do per year you’re going to dual your inventiveness.”
- “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t be frustrated, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.”
- “In business, what’s risky is not to evolve.”
Jeff Bezos’s car collection
Bezos owns a $65 million private jet. He also keep some more high-end luxury vehicles.
- Ferrari Pininfarina Sergio ($3 million)
- Bugatti Veyron Mansory ($3.4 million)
- W Motors Lykan Hyper Sport ($3.4 million)
- Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita ($4.8 million )
- Lamborghini Veneno ($4.5 million)
Jeff Bezos Residence
He has bought residential properties in five different locations –
- Two homes in Medina, Washington
- A former textile museum turned residence in Kalorama, North West Washington, D.C. worth $23 million
- Two adjoining homes in Beverly Hills, California
- A 30,000-acre ranch house in Cotulla, Texas
- Three condos in Century building at 25 Central Park West in Manhattan, NYC
Jeff Bezos Favorite Things
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies by Jim Collins
- Creation: Life and How to Make It by Steve Grand
- The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvements by Eliyahu Goldratt
Historical Personalities – Walt Disney, Thomas Edison
Movie – Star Trek (Fond of any game, character, or trivia related to it)
Author – Cormac McCarthy
Novel – Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
Awards & Achievements of Jeff Bezos
- In 1999, Time named Jeff Bezos Person of the Year.
- In 2008, he was selected by U.S. News & World Report as one of America’s top leaders.
- In 2012, he was named Businessman of the Year by Fortune.
- From 2014 to 2018, Harvard Business Review ranked him the top-performing CEO in the world.
- In 2018, he was named for “leadership and innovation in space exploration, autonomous systems, and building a commercial back street for human space flight” by the National Academy of Engineering.
This article concludes that his success has been due to his capability to make money from any product or service that he sells. He also made many charitable donations to charities. He has known for his generosity and kindness toward others, which is why he has become one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the USA.
Keep supporting us by reading our latest blog posts, articles, and other social media channels. I hope you enjoy and appreciate my work. It’s a good way to stay up to date about the happenings in your industry. I am damn sure you will find something interesting here.
Stay with us for another interesting article or blog post on famous founders and Entrepreneurs.
Who is the founder of Amazon?
Jeff Bezos is the president and ex-CEO of Amazon. He is one of the richest people in the world who got successful through his business ventures.
When did Jeff Bezos leave the position of Amazon’s CEO?
Jeff Bezos goes down from his CEO position on July 5, 2021.
How rich is Jeff Bezos?
Jeff Bezos is the second-wealthiest man in the world and was the wealthiest from 2017 to 2021 according to both Index Bloomberg’s Billionaires Index and Forbes.
Cryptocurrency Exchange In India
5 thoughts on “Jeff Bezos: Amazon’s Mastermind”
[…] Jeff Bezos: Amazon’s Mastermind […]
[…] Jeffrey Preston Bezos has been a pioneer in the world of e-commerce since he founded Amazon, Inc. Amazon is one of the largest online retailers in the world, and it has become the most popular shopping destination for consumers. […]
[…] Jack Dorsey tweeted his first tweet on March 21, 2006. […]
[…] Jeff Bezos: Amazon’s Mastermind […]
[…] Jeff Bezos: Amazon’s Mastermind […]
Comments are closed.